Intel HPC Software Developer in Hudson, Massachusetts
This position is available in the following locations:
Boston area (Hudson, MA)
Portland area (Hillsboro, OR)
SF Bay area (Santa Clara, CA)
Develops software as the primary job function Designs, develops, debugs & tests complex software in any field e.g., systems software, software development tools, applications, drivers, numerical methods, UI's, web. May work directly with companies developing and optimizing compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies. Usually holds an academic degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science.
The Developer will work software tools and/or runtime libraries for pathfinding for a new architecture, developing and evaluating software technology in conjunction with work the underlying system. You will be a member of a small, fast-paced, multi-disciplinary software team working closely with processor core/system architects. The software team is responsible for developing the software stack -runtime libraries, debuggers, profilers, compilers, etc. The team will also utilize their technology with external customer HPC workloads in the target environment through a co-design effort. This will enable the evaluation of workloads for an Exascale system as design alternatives are being considered and implemented by the microarchitecture team. This is a hands-on software engineering position requiring the ability to work as a part of a cross-functional team in a rapidly evolving technical environment.
This position involves work on a U.S. Government contract which may impose certain security requirements: If you are a U.S. citizen, the government may require that you certify your citizenship. If you are not a U.S. citizen, the government may require you to pass a security check before you can be approved to work on the project. Please note that any offer by Intel for this position is conditioned upon meeting and/or passing the U.S. government's security check requirements should the government impose these requirements.
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, and 3+ years of equivalent work experience required
• 3 or more years of experience working on performance or debugging tools, and/or runtime support
• Excellent knowledge of performance and debug tools and/or runtime libraries, of High Performance Scientific Computing in general, and parallel computing in particular
• Knowledge of programming models to include MPI, OpenMP
• Knowledge of FPGA approaches a plus
• Good working knowledge of Linux
• Programming experience in C/C++ necessary, FORTRAN desired.
• Good grasp of performance issues of large-scale HPC codes: synchronization, communication, load balance, memory access patterns.
• Capable of working with a wide range of benchmarks and application workloads to understand tools and runtime support issues
• Experience developing, analyzing and tuning C/C++ scientific HPC applications
• Scripting experience in Bash, Perl, Python etc. is a plus
• Some experience developing and tuning MPI and/or OpenMP applications highly desirable
Inside this Business Group
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
Texas, Austin; , ,
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.