Intel Deep Learning R&D Engineer (Open) in San Diego, California
Builds machine-learning based products/solutions, which provide descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, or prescriptive models based on data. Uses or develops machine-learning algorithms, such as supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, Bayesian analysis and others, to solve applied problems in various disciplines such as Data Analytics, Computer Vision, Robotics, etc. Interacts with users to define requirements for breakthrough product/solutions. In either research environments or specific product environments, utilizes current programming methodologies to translate machine learning models and data-processing methods into software. Completes programming, testing, debugging, documentation and/or deployment of the solution/products. Engineers Big Data computing frameworks, data modeling and other relevant software tools.
Deep Learning R&D Engineer
What you will be working on
• Develop tools and models for our custom 16 bit numerical format for deep learning
• Invent optimized architectures and layers for training convolutional and recurrent networks in low bit-width using neon, our Python Deep Learning framework
• Work on applications in the following areas: computer vision, object detection and localization, speech recognition, natural language processing, recommendation systems, forecasting, and multimodal learning
• Instrumenting our library to detect and track overflows, monitor dynamic range
Who we are looking for
• Master’s (or PhD, preferred) in computer science, electrical engineering or related fields (statistics, applied math, computational neuroscience).
• Background in deep learning, machine learning & big data. Prior experience with binary networks or float16 is a plus.
• Strong skills using fixed point or low precision numerical formats for algorithms in fields such as image and audio processing. Ideally this includes experience porting floating point algorithms to fixed point
• Experience with SIMD acceleration using frameworks such as AVX, OpenCL, CUDA is a plus.
• Experience designing professional software using Python, C+ Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
California, Santa Clara;
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.