Intel Deep Learning R&D Engineer in San Diego, California
What you will be working on
• Develop tools and models for our custom 16 bit numerical format for deep learning
• Invent optimized architectures and layers for training convolutional and recurrent networks in low bit-width using neon, our Python Deep Learning framework
• Work on applications in the following areas: computer vision, object detection and localization, speech recognition, natural language processing, recommendation systems, forecasting, and multimodal learning
• Instrumenting our library to detect and track overflows, monitor dynamic range
Who we are looking for
Master’s (or PhD, preferred) in computer science, electrical engineering or related fields (statistics, applied math, computational neuroscience).
Candidate must have 5+ years of years of experience with the following:
• Background in deep learning, machine learning & big data. Prior experience with binary networks or float16 is a plus.
• Strong skills using fixed point or low precision numerical formats for algorithms in fields such as image and audio processing. Ideally this includes experience porting floating point algorithms to fixed point
• Experience designing professional software using Python, C+• Experience with SIMD acceleration using frameworks such as AVX, OpenCL, CUDA is a plus.
Inside this Business Group
Intel Nervana, leveraging Intel’s world leading position in silicon innovation and proven history in creating the compute standards that power our world, is transforming Artificial Intelligence (AI). Harnessing silicon designed specifically for AI, end-to-end solutions that broadly span from the data center to the edge, and tools that enable customers to quickly deploy and scale up, Intel Nervana is inside AI and leading the next evolution of compute.
California, Santa Clara;
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.