Intel Hardware Engineer in Santa Clara, California
Let the games begin!
Intel Sports is changing the game for a new generation of fans! You might've seen our work at NFL, NBA, and MLB games. Next up, we are heading to the Olympics!
TrueVR is about performance and innovation as a team, pushing the boundaries of what technology can do in the world of sports. We are looking for a Hardware Engineer to design and build hardware for cameras and supporting components and direct the activities of a software quality assurance function. Your work is ultimately creating a best-in-class virtual reality.
· Prototype and develop complete camera units and other accessory components for virtual reality
· Understanding of design for manufacturing
· Conducts multidisciplinary research in the design, development, testing and utilization of information processing hardware and/or electrical components, mechanisms, materials, and/or circuitry.
· Prepares specifications, evaluates vendors, and analyzes test reports.
· Ensures products conform to standards and specifications.
· Develops plans and cost estimates and assesses projects to analyze risk.
· Develops procedures, analysis and design for computer components, products, and systems.
· Initiates, guides, and coordinates overall design and development of new ideas and products.
· Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur.
· Creates solutions that will consider unique live-VR constraints.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or similar technical discipline and 3+ years of experience. Master's Degree preferred
· Ability to research components for the camera unit and design for it
· Ability to support all hardware development, prototyping, outsourcing, supply chain, manufacturing and R&D
· Extensive experience in SolidWorks
· Able to design parts to be manufactured in the specified manufacturing process (CNC mill, Sheet metal, Molds, 3D printing, etc)
· Experience with sports technologies and media content
· Knowledge of cameras (image sensors, lenses, etc.)
· Understanding or experience with Virtual Reality concepts
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.