Intel Visual Computing Architecture Lead in Santa Clara, California
The Intel Datacenter Pathfinding and Architecture Group (PAG) creates the next generation of architectures critical to the long term growth and competitiveness of the Data Center Group (DCG). The group charter is to deliver breakthrough innovations to fuel DCG growth, technology leadership and a differentiated data center roadmap across compute, storage/memory, network & I/O.
To meet the explosive demand of data centers, it will require Intel to deliver high performing, scalable, and power efficient graphic/media solutions with the necessary HW and SW components. We are seeking a leader that will help shape the future of our offerings. The expectation from this person is to lead Intel Data Center Graphics & Media architecture by owning key architecture deliverables for next generation data center platforms.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to) :
Innovate and architect world class solutions utilizing GPU evolution for GPGPU compute in computer vision, and deep neural networks.
Drive system level performance analysis and simulation of new GPU architecture features.
Comprehend and deliver efficient HW/SW interfaces between GPU architecture, driver, compiler, and application stacks.
Understand current and future customer application needs, and then delight those customers by delivering architectures that exceed expectations.
Collaborate with a full spectrum of other Intel teams including software driver, projections, SoC partners, pre and post silicon validation, RTL design, software enabled, etc
• MS / Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with graphics background.
• Strong tech leader/manager with a proven industry track record of leading technical graphics, media, or GPU teams.
• Deep hands on experience developing high throughput architectures for GPUs, or similar.
• Extensive architectural & workload performance, power analysis experience.
• GPU programming experience in at least one of CUDA, OpenCL, DX Compute Shader,
• Other programming experience with 2D/3D Graphics APIs, OpenGL, Vulkan, Metal.
• Experience with video product IP definition, design, and implementation in hardware, including writing Hardware Architecture Specifications
• Ability to accomplish SoC level tradeoff analysis when conducting architectural analysis on new features
• Knowledge of video coding standards, including HEVC (h.265), VP9, AVC (h.264), MPEG2, VP8, AVS
• Experience with video algorithm research, development and prototyping in C/C+• Ability to comprehend advanced computer vision and machine learning topics
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Oregon, Hillsboro; California, Folsom;
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Position of Trust. This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Talent Consultant.