Intel Software Development Engineer in Seattle, Washington
Our team is part of Intel's Software and Services Group SSG that connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators to deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel processor technologies.
Your responsibilities may include:
Develops software as the primary job function Designs.
Develops, debugs & tests complex software in any field e.g., systems software, software development tools, applications, drivers, numerical methods, UI's, web.
May work directly with companies developing and optimizing compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
Must have a Ph.D. in Computer science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
Minimum of 6-9 months experience with:
• Windows & Linux operating system concepts
• Multi-threaded software development
• Performance analysis tools, e.g. vTune, or Perf, or Xperf
• Big Data, NoSQL and\or Commercial databases (Oracle or MSFT SQL Server)
-Experience with the following:
• Big data design and development
• Intel 32-bit IA-32 and 64-bit Instruction Set Architectures and micro-architectures
• Intel/Microsoft performance profilers
• Enterprise applications webservers, database, etc.
• Microsoft development tools and environments
• State-of-the-art managed runtimes for dynamic scripting languages e.g. PowerShell, Jscript, Python, Ruby, etc. and optimization techniques
• Windows* system Application Program Interface API
• Multi threaded programming patterns and libraries knowledge
• Machine learning concepts R language, machine learning frameworks
• Compilers and/or Runtimes
Inside this Business Group
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.