Intel Ethernet Technology Software Application Engineer in Austin, Texas
The Ethernet Customer Solutions (ECS) team is looking for a Network Software Engineer to enable and support customers of Intel's server class wired Ethernet products in high performance technologies such as RDMA, DPDK packet processing, network attached storage and others. Primary OS focus would be Linux, though deep network driver debug/development experience in VMware ESXi or Windows Server could also be applicable. Role would include solution support for a wide range of datacenter workloads, for example: Cloud Datacenter workloads (ex: databases, load balancers, web servers), Containers (ex: Kubernetes, Docker), high speed networked/clustered storage (ex: NVMeoF, SPDK, ISER, NFS), MPI High Performance Computing (HPC) applications, BPF/XDP/AF_XDP and more. Primary duties would include hands-on full-stack Ethernet datacenter proof of concept (PoC) solution testing, customer issue support/debug, and proactive internal and external customer enablement (configuration guides, performance tuning, workload optimization).
Would work closely with SW, HW, and FW development and validation as well as product marketing and business acceleration managers to help assure that Ethernet product designs and implementations meet requirements for targeted customer workloads. This position will require a combination of working independently, with peers, design engineers, software engineers, and software architects to influence product features, reliability, supportability and ensure that customer needs and requirements are being addressed in a timely manner. Complex system-level issue debug, problem solving, multi-tasking, organization, and customer and stakeholder management skills are critical to success. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers of all skill levels (novice thru expert).
· Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) or higher in Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering / Computer Science
· 3 years’ experience in networking stack development, network driver development and/or network driver support. Linux/Open Source operating systems (RHEL, SuSE, FreeBSD, Ubuntu, etc.) strongly preferred, though advanced VMware ESXi Server or Windows Server experience could also be applicable.
· 3 years’ experience with current Ethernet networking architecture, protocols, topologies, and networking products
· 3 years’ experience system level server network debug experience involving hardware, software, and firmware architecture.
· Direct customer interaction experience, preferably in technical debug support role.
· Experience with performance analysis of Linux networking, storage and network applications and recommend hardware and software optimizations, including the impact of networking components on CPU/memory subsystems.
· Working knowledge of scripting using Python, BASH, XML, Ansible, etc.
· Practical knowledge in multi-threaded, multi-core, and distributed software architectures.
· Hands-on experience with datacenter switch configuration.
· System admin or Network admin-level experience with one or more of the following:
o RDMA (iWARP, RoCEv2, InfiniBand (IB)) network protocols/configurations.
o Highly scaled datacenter workloads (ex: databases, load balancers, web servers), including server, networking, and storage infrastructure configuration.
o Cluster configuration and testing for MPI/HPC applications.
o Network attached storage (NAS) target/client configuration and testing, ex: NVMeoF, iSCSI, iSER, NFS, etc.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....