Intel Storage and Memory Solution Architect in Folsom, California
Join Intel - help us define the future and connect our customers to the best solutions.
We have a passion for defining and driving the future, and in Storage it shows, where we have invented the game changing modern SSDs and introduced Intel Optane Technology. If you share our passion for inventing the future, would like to work closely with customers and industry partners, and drive new ideas out into the industry to solve a variety of customer challenges, then we'd like to hear from you.
What you do in this role will correlate to the very top line metrics for Intel.
The Intel Data Center Optane Acceleration Team is recognized broadly as a team of top storage and memory solutions architecture experts within the industry recognized leader in Enterprise and Cloud computing and storage. If you join this team, you will have an opportunity to stay close to the very forefront of datacenter storage and memory technologies, enterprise IT software trends, and hyperscale data center infrastructure to help Intel define the future of storage and memory in the solution context, at scale.
Work with the world's largest enterprise and cloud IT companies directly and indirectly to help solve complex IT problems and drive infrastructure transformation
Define the best fit opportunity for Intel's current and future storage and memory products in the solutions context, prove the value of these solutions in practice (define/build/test/optimize)
Position solutions value to customers, influencers as well as software partners, as well as train a world-wide sales force to scale business opportunities
Work closely with fellow traveler hardware and software companies to enable Intel SSD technology scaling through qualification/certification activities, as well as joint marketing connections and technical training.
Educate the industry on usages for Intel Storage and Memory technologies in public forums, as conferences, and various customer events to help drive infrastructure change and business scale.
Connect key technical solutions into industry verticals, such as Cloud Service Providers, Financial Services, Retail, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Energy, and more
· Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent technical knowledge with 6+years of industry experience OR Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent technical knowledge with 4+ years of industry experience.
· 6+ years of experience in Data Center engineering, HPC, or applications infrastructure support, preferably with x86 based Intel Architecture Servers and/or Storage systems.
· First-hand experience defining and testing emerging enterprise IT technologies within an IT Infrastructure in a Solutions context; examples may include but are not limited to clustered server environments for emerging analytics, database, storage systems, mission critical applications, converged and hyperconverged systems, performance sensitive applications, container based virtualization platforms, and open source infrastructure solutions.
· Detailed Linux operating system understanding with hand's on experience, including performance monitoring utilities, virtualization systems, and understanding of the Linux ecosystem
· Ability to describe complex technology solutions in business terms and demonstrate business value to customers
· Understanding of emerging trends in enterprise solutions, corporate IT, Intel architecture and competitive solutions
· Technical competence in IT solutions converging software and hardware specifically within the scale-out storage context, including a detailed hand's on understanding of emerging storage products such as CEPH, Swift, Scality, Weka.io, Linbit, Portworx, Virtuozzo, Scale Computing, Minio, Excelero, Infinio, or other emerging technologies.
· Detailed knowledge of Storage solutions of many types, including SAN and NAS technologies, NoSQL, Key-value databases, In-memory Databases, or other similar emerging scale out server attached storage offerings.
· Hand's on experience architecting and deploying applications onto Container managed infrastructures with detailed understanding of storage services performance influence on application delivery experiences. A detailed understanding of emerging container management technologies such as Kubernetes, or similar orchestration layers.
· Capability and detailed understanding of benchmarking Storage devices and clustered storage solutions within both Linux and Windows operating system environments.
Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....