Intel Network Software Engineer in Hillsboro, Oregon
Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) as a Network Software Engineer - Ethernet Driver and Kernel Validation Engineer! We're part of the Ethernet Networking Division (ND) in Intel's DCG, and we're looking for motivated, passionate and talented senior software engineers to join our Ethernet driver and technology development team. We're a strong, vibrant cross-site team which helps drive Intel's Ethernet technology and products to position Intel x86 as the server platform of choice and Intel Ethernet products as Ethernet of choice for the Cloud, Communications and Data Center deployments.
In this role, you will need to be passionate about our customers and enthusiastic about customer use cases. Additionally, you should be knowledgeable in the Linux Kernel's networking stack and the Ethernet driver. You will need skills to analyze network performance in a distributed application environment and advance new features in Ethernet driver, kernel Ethernet stacks and Intel Ethernet products. You will have an excellent opportunity to shape the future Ethernet features in Intel platforms and Ethernet products. This position validates Ethernet software for external customers.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Performing network product validation planning, testing, documentation, and analysis of software applications.
Debugging new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
Designing automation framework, and automation tests, to drive efficiency in testing, and documenting work and results.
Developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules and documenting work and results.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
Must be a team player, with a demonstrated ability to technically influence others.
Strong Problem-Solving skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field plus 4 years of industry work experience, Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field plus 3 years of industry work experience, or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field plus industry work experience.
· 4 plus years of experience with technical validation, debug and leadership experience of the Linux kernel/driver/Open Source space in driver/OS domain. Experience in IA and Embedded environment is required.
· 4 plus years of experience and knowledge of Computer Architecture and OS internals is essential.
· 4 plus years of experience with Software Validation Skills, and various testing methodologies.
· Master's Degree
· 2 plus years of experience and knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP/IP, Socket layer enhancements and adjacencies e.g. libevent, epoll, new and emerging Tunneling encapsulation protocols, familiarity with network benchmarks and performance evaluation methods and User mode networking
· 2 plus years of Automation experience and knowledge of Python and Object-oriented programming, and Continuous Integration (Jenkins, GItlab, etc),
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, California, San Jose
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....