Intel Sr. Packet Processing Software Engineer in Hillsboro, Oregon
We're part of the Ethernet Networking Division (ND) in Intel's Data Center Group (DCG), and we're looking for motivated, passionate and talented senior software engineers to join our Software development team. We're a strong, vibrant cross-site team which helps drive Intel's Ethernet technology and products to position Intel x86 as the server platform of choice and Intel Ethernet products as Ethernet of choice for the Cloud, Communications and Data Center deployments.
In this role, you will need skills to dive deep into design, develop, test, and debug complex software systems on a variety of real-time platforms. This role will be responsible for defining and developing new features for both new and existing products. You will have an excellent opportunity to shape the future Ethernet features in Intel platforms and Ethernet products.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
· Good skills to work across several different GEOs.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Must be a team player, with a demonstrated ability to technically influence others
· Good documentation and communication skills to effectively work with multiple teams.
· Must be able to work collaboratively with team members
You must have the following qualifications and proven experience in several of following areas:
· B.S.in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field of study and 4 years of related experience or; M.S in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field of study and 3 years of related experience or; PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field of study Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field of study and related experience
· 4 plus years of experience in Computer Architecture, OS internals and Networking is essential.
· 4 plus years of experience in Software Development in: C / C++ Programming, Device Driver development, Protocol stack development/enhancements e.g. TCP/IP, UDP/IP, Socket layer development/enhancements and adjacencies e.g. libevent, epoll.
· 4 plus years of experience with networking protocols. Knowledge of TCP/IP, and new and emerging Tunneling encapsulating protocols such as VxLAN, NVGRE, familiarity with network benchmarks and performance evaluation methods
· 4 plus years of experience with eBPF, User mode networking and OpenVswitch/VxLAN/NSH development is also desired
· 4 plus years of experience working with programmable hardware devices
· 4 plus years of experience reading hardware specifications and IETF standards
· 4 plus years of experience debugging software and hardware issues down to the binary level
· Masters degree preferred
· 2 plus years of P4 programming language experience
· 2 plus years of experience working with working GCC
· 2 plus years of experience working with Linux
· 2 plus years of experience working with hardware simulation environments, like Simics
· 2 plus years of experience working with Firmware
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, California, Santa Clara
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....