Intel Technical Writer in Hillsboro, Oregon
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and updating documentation for Intel software products. They will develop user guides, technical reference manuals, and getting started guides for software development tools for high-performance computing processor architectures. In addition to excellent planning, coordination, and communication skills, this position requires an ability to work with remote teams in different time zones and with SMEs who do not speak English as their first language.
As an information developer (tech writer), the candidate will be an integral part of a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary software development team working closely with product development and release team. The candidate will also work with hardware architects and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to identify gaps in existing content and develop a documentation plan.
This position involves work on a U.S. Government contract which may impose certain security requirements:
If you are a U.S. citizen, the government may require that you certify your citizenship.
If you are not a U.S. citizen, the government may require you to pass a security check before you can be approved to work on the project.
-Unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
Please note that any offer by Intel for this position is conditioned upon meeting and/or passing the U.S. government’s security check requirements should the government impose these requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s in English, Technical Writing, Technical Communications or a related field
• Excellent writing skills combined with a technical background.
• 3+ years’ experience as a technical writer responsible for creating technical documentation, preferably for software products.
• 3+ years’ experience of XML authoring tools and technologies, such as Xmetal and DITA XML.
• Experience working with content management systems
• Experience documenting software products that are subject to regulatory approval
• Working knowledge of C/C, FORTRAN, or some other programming language
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, California, Santa Clara
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.