Intel TEM Technician in Hillsboro, Oregon
Join Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
In this position, you will work as a Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) Technician. Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Support of TEM sample preparation using Focused Ion Beam (FIB) tools.
• Preparing ultra-thin specimens for transmission electron microscopy analysis in the process development characterization lab.
• Use of complex dual beam FIB, including some equipment alignment and testing.
• Continuous upgrading of skillsets require open attitude and ability to learn from others.
• Work is completed according to general instructions and prioritization.
• Maintain necessary records and reports.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
• Judgment in resolving nonstandard problems.
• Attention to detail.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Ability to deal with ambiguous requests.
• Work in a close team environment and be willing to both give and take directions from colleagues.
• Work productively under pressure without making errors.
• The candidate must be willing to work a compressed day. The schedule will consist of three twelve hour days in a row followed by a fourth day every other week.
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
• Candidate must possess an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Physics, Material Science, Chemistry, or equivalent technical degree/military training.
• This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
• FIB and/or Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) experience.
• TEM sample preparation experience using dual beam FIB lift-out techniques.
• Experience with electron microscopy.
• Semiconductor device and microprocessor knowledge.
• Experience in a science lab environment.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.