Intel Visual Cloud SW Engineer in Hillsboro, Oregon
We are in search of a strong Visual Cloud Software Engineer to join our Visual Cloud SW Engineering VCSE team in the Intel's Data Center Group.
VCSE defines, engineers, and delivers DCG Graphics and Media based offerings which include Display, 2D, 3D, and Media Transcode platforms, for dedicated Servers, Appliances or Virtualized Cloud environments.
We build the software stack that helps companies deliver solutions for Media and Media transcode - Media content creation and delivery, Cloud graphics - Cloud Gaming, Remote desktop and remote workstations, Media/Graphics analytics and Immersive Media AR/VR content generation and delivery .
We're looking for SW Engineers to join our growing team!
You will work with cross-functional, cross-geo teams to architect, design, develop and deploy Gfx/Media/Immersive Media SW stack.
You will be responsible for the research, prototyping and design and implement use cases in Immersive Media VR/MR and Media Analytics to enable product definition.
You will work on enhancing CI/validation automation to enable productization of the SW stack.
If you are looking for an exciting and challenging software project, with passion in shipping software products to external customers, as a part of the diverse, and growing team, come talk to us!
• MS or PhD degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
• 7 years of experience in C/C and scripting languages.
• 7 years of experience in Linux, Windows OS architectures, development tools and methods.
• 7 years of experience inexperience in developing applications and/or drivers for these operating systems.
• Excellent organizational skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, Self-starter with "can-do" attitude.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
• Experience in 2D/3D graphics technologies and standards such as, OpenGL, OpenGL ES, OpenCL, OpenVG, DirectX, DShow 9/11.
• Experience with media codecs such as, AVC, HEVC, VP9, and MPEG-2, Media Frameworks such as, FFmpeg and Gstreamer, and OpenCL.
• Knowledge of VR SDKs and VR Ecosystem, CUDA, Image processing/CV techniques.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.