Intel Data Systems Intern in Phoenix, Arizona
The Data Systems Group exists to revolutionize the way Intel does data in the high-volume semiconductor manufacturing environment. Members of this team live to provide faster and better decisions for a global network of chip manufacturing customers - customers primarily including product/process/yield/quality engineers and their managers. We build software systems to extract, transform and store data to the strategic advantage of our customers. We utilize custom Big Data processing tools, advanced Machine Learning techniques, and knowledge of Intel's chip making process. We transform BIG DATA into BIG RESULTS with BIG ROI. And we have fun doing it!
The Data Systems Group intern will own a project which contributes to the success of the Data Systems Group and to Intel's overall manufacturing success. Projects will be assigned based on multiple factors including business need, candidate skill levels, etc. Specifics will depend on the nature of the assigned project, there in general there will be potential for opportunities to hone coding skills, work with advanced analytical methods, and deliver value while working with data from Intel's vast global data supply chain.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
• History of leadership and/or ownership of complex projects/research
• Demonstrable ability to be creative and solve problems
• Patient + Curious Attitude toward Data
• Must be pursuing a MS degree on Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar.
• 6+ months experience working with large data sets in Python, C#, C++ or equivalent
• 6+ months experience with extracting, cleaning, aggregating, and pre-processing data from varied sources
• 3+ months experience with coding source control (Git, TFS, or equivalent)
• Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases
• Knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing
• Experience with Test Driven Software Development
• Advanced knowledge of statistics, machine learning, and/or other analytical methods
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....