Intel Manufacturing Technician in Phoenix, Arizona
Manufacturing Technicians perform functions associated with all wafer/substrates/assembly production including operations, equipments, process and training.
Work is somewhat complex and is performed within the spectrum ranging from narrowly defined parameters and limited judgment up to highly complex and nonstandard assignments in nature and broadly defined parameters. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, and detailed instructions on new work. In addition, the Manufacturing Technician is responsible for, but not be limited to:
• Performing preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, maintaining spares, and sustaining production.
• Collecting and evaluating operating data to conduct online equipment adjustment and ensure process optimization.
• Running lots in a qualitative way.
• Improving processes, troubleshooting nonstandard events in the production line, and reviewing technological health and stability.
• May participate in safety forums and Emergency Response Team as required.
• May be responsible for the buddy, trainer, certifier levels, and is in charge of updating training manuals.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
• Judgment and initiative in resolving complex nonstandard problems and developing recommendations.
• Verbal and written communication skills.
• Collaboration and teamwork skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced technical team environment.
• Ability to work effectively in an ambiguous environment where changing priorities are the norm.
• Possess a strong personal focus on safety for themselves and those around them.
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
• Candidate must possess a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) certification, Associate's, or Bachelor's degree; or equivalent military training.
• This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
• Candidate must be willing to:
Work a day or night shift compressed work week schedule. The schedule will consist of three twelve hour days/nights in a row followed by a fourth day every other week.
Lift up to 25 lbs. twice a month, and spend the majority of time (>90% less break time) on the floor working on tool sets, walking 2-4 miles a day, and/or standing/sitting for 9 hours.
• Experience with Process Control Systems, Design of Experiments, and Basic Manufacturing.
• Hands-on experience with plating, wet chemical processing, pressurized gas or fluid delivery systems, vacuum, RF, and/or facilities delivery systems.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
US, Oregon, Hillsboro;
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....