Intel Yield Software Data Analytics Engineer in Phoenix, Arizona
As a yield software data analytics engineer you will work as part of a virtual factory (VF) team to create software tools that meet Intel's specific, rapidly evolving requirements for manufacturing silicon products. We are looking for talented, self-directed engineer to create and implement a state-of-the-art Factory User Interface system as part of the High Volume Manufacturing (HVM) organization. This User Interface will be the focal point in the factory to enable our highly skilled engineers and technicians to drive the manufacturing operations and equipment that produce leading edge semiconductors. The successful candidate will be able to create a user experience that enables precise, efficient and intuitive system interactions that reduce the time and effort it takes to process material, maintain equipment and resolve issues. The successful candidate will work closely with defect metrology layer owners, yield, and process engineers (our internal customers) around the VF, to understand their technical challenges, and to create solutions. We help them apply our software to answer critical questions, and to address their manufacturing and defect and yield reduction objectives. The daily work spans the complete software life cycle from early pathfinding to mature production code with industrial robustness and quality. As a member of our team, you are expected to participate actively in all these steps.
Specific duties will include:
• Brainstorming and implementing solutions to ambiguous problems with vague requirements utilizing formal education, judgment and formal software processes
• Coding production solutions in C# (both console applications + web development) to be used by multiple factories to synthesize large volumes of data, applying complex statistical methods to the data, and drawing meaningful conclusions to direct the efforts of the yield and process engineering groups
• Influencing key stakeholders that proposed solutions are robust under many edge-cases and will result in significant benefit to HVM factories
• Creating and modifying relational databases which store the application configuration, raw data and summary data used by the user interface
• Participating in meetings to review status of immediate items, help needed, etc.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
• Team player with the ability to work with engineers across different geographies to accomplish the team's vision.
• Highly organized and capable of managing projects and customers.
• Ability to multi-task in a very fast paced environment with constantly changing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions to ambiguous problems or vague requirements (problems that have not been solved at Intel or in industry previously).
• Excellent attention to detail (most changes are made "LIVE" in a production environment).
• Excellent communication (written and verbal).
This is an entry level position and it will be compensated accordingly.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous education, job and/or research experiences.
• Must have a Master's or PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Computational Science
• This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
• 3+ years of experience with the design and implementation of large-scale software systems
• 5+ years of experience in functional and object-oriented programming (e.g., C++, Java, C#, etc.)
• Demonstrated expertise of data structures (stacks, trees, hash tables, etc.), and pros/cons to using each data structure
• Expert knowledge of relational databases including writing SQL queries, editing database tables, and making changes to the underlying database structure
• Experience working in a 300 mm high-volume manufacturing factory in Defect Metro, Yield, Automation, Manufacturing, or Process Engineering.
• Expertise in a specific area of technical computing applications including but not limited to: manufacturing, life sciences, financial services, energy/seismic, physics, finite element analysis, fluid dynamics, electromagnetics, etc.
• Graduate level course work in several of the following: statistics, machine learning, applied mathematics, linear algebra, linear/dynamic programming, control systems, signal or image processing.
• Experience profiling application performance (memory, etc.) and optimizing software for memory/speed improvements.
• Demonstrated ability to architect complex software solutions from scratch.
• Demonstrated ability to apply software design patterns.
• Experience with data extraction tools used in the factory including SQLPathfinder, GAJT, and Crystal Ball.
• Experience with factory automation systems (SPC, Adaptive Manufacturing, MES300, PCSA, and Klarity).
• Basic knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing (tools used, how structures are created, etc.).
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....