Intel Graphics Hardware Design Engineer in San Diego, California
If you're interested in computer graphics and working with leading graphics hardware engineers on Intel's latest GPU/CPU architecture, then our Visual and Parallel Computing Group (VPG) has opportunities for you. VPG delivers Intel's 3D graphics, media, display, GPU, and Parallel Computing Technology. This position is in graphics hardware front-end RTL development where you will be working closely within a team of graphics hardware design/verification engineers, micro-architects, and architects on graphics IP targeting a wide range of Intel's future generation discrete and integrated graphics products.
The development environment is dynamic and fast-moving, focused on high-quality results, frequently entailing multiple projects under concurrent development. You will be encouraged to take informed risks, continuously pursue design innovations and process improvements, and to have fun while doing so.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Analysis, interpretation, and assessment of hardware architectural specifications and defining feature requirements for Graphics HW IP
• Contributing to development of logic designs and HDL code for graphics HW IP. Design implementations must meet functional and performance requirements, physical/structural design constraints (timing, area, power), as well as proprietary design rules and other quality criteria
• Characterization and analysis of performance and power results; implementation of corresponding design modifications and optimizations as required to achieve power and performance targets
• Execution of ASIC logic synthesis flows; implementation of corresponding design modifications and optimizations as needed to achieve timing and area objectives.
• Debug of graphics hardware in emulation and/or silicon hardware environments; working with synthetic low-level tests as well as with stimulus from real-world applications, benchmarks and the graphics driver.
Behavioral traits that we are looking for:
Great communication skills both written and verbal.
Strong attention to technical detail, data analysis and situational problem solving skills
Strong presentation skills with the ability to present complex issues with clarity to drive decisions.
Self-motivated and willing to take additional responsibilities over time to contribute to the team’s success.
Minimum Skills and Experience that will get you notice:
Bachelor's in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field with 5+ years of experience or Master's with 3+ years of experience or PhD with 1+ years of experience.
Your experience should be in the following areas:
• RTL Logic design with HDLs such as Verilog or SystemVerilog
• Usage/execution of logic simulation, synthesis, and timing analysis tools and environments; including familiarity with broader ASIC development flows and hardware debugging
Preferred skills and experiences that will make you stand out:
• Graphics architecture concepts, APIs, and standards - e.g., Direct3D/OpenGL/OpenCL/Vulkan; media/video codec standards; implementation of vector-based DSP/SIMD algorithms; Intel CPU architecture
• Coverage-based verification concepts and application - functional coverage points, assertions, random and directed tests, random test constraints, etc. using SystemVerilog or similar verification languages/tools
• Synopsys ASIC design tools - VCS simulator, Design Compiler
• Formal verification methods - formal property verification (e.g., Jasper), high-level/algorithmic formal equivalence checking (e.g., HECTOR)
• Familiarity with digital hardware emulation and hardware debug tools - emulators, logic analyzers, etc.
If you are passionate about this opportunity and ready to help us create the next generation of technologies that will transfer the future for decades to come? If so then we encourage you to apply.
Inside this Business Group
The Core and Visual Computing Group (CVCG) is responsible for the architecture, design and development of the CPU core and visual technology IPs that are central to Intel's system-on-a-chip (SoC) products and key to our datacenter, client and Internet-of-Things (IOT) platforms. CVCG strives to lead the industry through continuous innovation and world class engineering.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.