Intel Hardware Architecture Modeling Engineer in Santa Clara, California
Intel’s new AI Product Group is looking for architects to drive the next generation of AI hardware. We are looking for engineers with a strong background in algorithms, architecture, and performance modeling. A background in deep learning is preferred, but not required.
As a Hardware modeling engineer, your responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
• Development and maintenance of the performance simulator for current and future hardware programs, including modeling of design blocks
• Correlation of performance simulator to RTL and actual HW
• Run benchmarks on the hardware simulator to characterize performance and bottlenecks.
• Modify the performance simulator in order to analyze new algorithms, software kernels, and new hardware architecture and features.
• Analyze multiple algorithmic and architecture options to find the optimal design point considering power/performance/area/cost tradeoffs
• Provide input on performance modeling process
• M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering plus 3 years of relevant work experience OR B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering plus 5 years of relevant work experience.
• Total of 5+ years of work or educational experience in the following areas:
• Computer architecture and machine learning algorithms.
• C, C++, PERL, Python, System C
•Knowledge of deep learning and other AI algorithms
•Research publications, patent filings, or other evidence of personal technical innovation in hardware chip design
•Familiarity with pre-silicon hardware design
Inside this Business Group
Intel AI, leveraging Intel's world leading position in silicon innovation and proven history in creating the compute standards that power our world, is transforming Artificial Intelligence (AI) with the Intel AI products portfolio. Harnessing silicon designed specifically for AI, end to end solutions that broadly span from the data center to the edge, and tools that enable customers to quickly deploy and scale up, Intel AI is inside AI and leading the next evolution of compute.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.