Intel Library Design Engineer in Santa Clara, California
Component Design Engineers are responsible for the design and development of electronic components. Responsibilities may include: circuit design, evaluation and characterization, documentation of specifications, prototype construction and checkout, modification and evaluation of semiconductor devices and components, performing developmental and/or test work, reviewing product requirements and logic diagrams, planning and organizing design projects or phases of design projects. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgement.
The successful candidate will participate in design, development, and delivery of standard cell libraries using world-leading process technology for use by Intel's product and IP design teams. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design and implementation of combinatorial and sequential circuits based on Intel's process technologies.
• Circuit extraction and optimization for power/performance/area/robustness.
• Library characterization, build, validation, release, and support.
• Development of automation for library validation, quality checking, performance and reliability verification.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong customer orientation and ability to work with external and internal partners in a flexible manner are expected.
• Must have a MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering with VLSI concentration and 4+ years working in the semiconductor or related industry is required.
• 4+ years of experience in design and implementation of combinatorial and sequential circuits as well as optimization and functional verification
• Experience using industry-standard design automation tools for one or more of the following areas: circuit simulation, cell characterization, physical design verification, and reliability verification
• Experience working in the Linux environment and its development tools
• Good knowledge of scripting development (TCL, Perl, Python) for design automation
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.