Intel Photonics Researcher in Santa Clara, California
As a Photonics Researcher, you will be working on Research and Development of novel integrated Photonic devices for high speed optical interconnect and sensing applications. You will be responsible for conducting feasibility studies on novel device architectures by benchmarking against existing solutions, conducting theoretical studies by multi-physics modeling of device performance, designing the devices and working closely with process engineers on device fabrication using state of the art fabrication facility. You will also develop measurement methodology and apparatus to test and characterize the fabricated devices and perform experiments to demonstrate their ability in various potential applications.
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through relevant previous job experiences and/or academic trainings. This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
You must have a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optical Science, or similar technical disciplines
At least 1+ year of experience in:
Silicon based opto-electronics technologies including:
• Silicon photonics device design, fabrication, and characterization.
• High-speed optical modulators and detectors.
• Semiconductor lasers for optical communications.
• Electrical and optical testing and data analysis.
• Guided wave and free space optics including optical alignment and fiber-to-waveguide coupling.
• Lab experience with high-speed test equipment, such as DCA, VNA, BERT.
• Semiconductor physics as related to photonic devices such as diode lasers, modulators, and photo-detectors
• Test and measurement automation tools for opto-electronic device testing
• Feedback control for lasers and optical systems
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong presentation and technical writing skills
• Ability to work both independently and in an interdisciplinary team
• Self-starter and highly motivated to succeed in a fast-paced and challenging professional environment
• Results oriented and focused on quality of work
Inside this Business Group
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.